How often have you become frustrated filling out online registration forms? There is a better way. Janrain has compiled data on some of the most challenging aspects of online registration forms and simple solutions to improve the user experience…and conversion rates.
- 86% of people may leave a website when asked to create an account
- 50% of people dislike creating new passwords
- 60% of people have more than 5 unique passwords to remember
- 40% of people use the Forgot Password feature at least once a month
- 88% of online users admit they have lied on form
- 2 in 5 people would rather solve world peace than create a new password
- 2 in 5 people would rather scrub a toilet than create a new password
- 77% of online users prefer social login
- Facebook is the preferred social login provider of choice
<img alt="How to Solve the Online Registration Challenge Inforgraphic" src="http://janrain.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/how-to-solve-the-online-registration-challenge.png" width="600" />
I don't use Facebook to login any other websites because FAcebook is my personal profile. There are too much persona information. I prefer to use Twitter to login.
@jklem63 - thanks for the feedback on our stats - love to receive input, both positive and negative. I'm like you - appreciate hard stats that help me build strategy/business case. But sometimes crafting a question in a less formal way (eg "would you rather do household chores like clean your toilet than create another username/password combination") identifies consumer sentiment in a colorful way that also supports/refutes a hypothesis.
Great stats. Does the 25% for 'g' represent G+ and gmail or just gmail? There are a lot of users, who have a Gmail account without creating a G+ account.
HI -- I love these stats. They will help me convince some skeptics in my own organization about the importance of this issue. But what's up with the questions about world peace and toilets? Hard to believe you actually asked those questions, and even if you did, they dilute the power of your message. Gives my skeptics a reason to discount your findings as frivolous.
@Free Man Linkedin is used by only professionals so its use is limited.
@mftracy73 - Thanks for the feedback. The Google figures represent Gmail accounts. You're right that not all Gmail users have activated their G+ accounts. But with more than 425 Gmail users worldwide, it obviously makes up a large segment of web users.