Online, businesses ask the question “who is on our site” and have discovered that finding the answer to that question has until recently been a challenge, merging registration forms with password security schemes in order to learn about their customers.
Here we take a look at how this history has lead up to the creation of social sign-on, which addresses these challenges and helps answer the question that can make the difference between working in the dark and engaging in a customer personalized, informed business strategy.
- 4 in 5 people may turn away when asked to register online
- 4 in 5 people admit to leaving false information on registration forms
- 98% of people feel mistargeted with online content and ads on websites
- More than 2 in 3 people find personalized online content attractive
- 3 in 5 people would likely return to a site if they were recognized via social login
<img alt="Infographic: A Social Sign-On Retrospective" src="http://janrain.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/how-to-solve-the-online-registration-challenge.png" width="650" /> <a href="http://bit.ly/109GbrR">A Social Sign-On Retrospective</a> - An infographic by the team at <a href="http://janrain.com">Janrain</a>