We just published the third in our series of Janrain Marketing Briefs on the topic of creating an effective online member acquisition strategy. Key metrics for marketers have shifted with the emergence of the social web. Quality of site traffic now takes precedence over quantity, interactions on your site are far more important than just time on site, and actively sharing content from your site leads to more effective word of mouth marketing than passive page views.
The critical foundation underlying these new success metrics is knowledge of your users. This marketing brief outlines some easy steps you can take to accelerate both the registration process for your site and effective ways to encourage visitors to become engaged members on your site. Topics discussed include:
- The “give to get” paradigm of providing incentives for visitors to register
- Member acquisition strategies – benefits to offer your members
- Expanding your membership through word-of-mouth marketing
- Optimizing the registration process
- Offering registration with an existing social network or email identity
We invite you to download Creating an Effective Online Member Acquisition Strategy, the new Janrain Marketing Brief, and share your feedback.