Janrain, one of Portland’s most dynamic and promising venture-backed startups, is growing its team and seeking Solutions Engineers to further increase our growth velocity.
This is a customer-facing role, focused on demonstrating product value, gathering customer requirements, and ensuring that the solution presented will meet the customer’s expectations and requirements. This individual will participate in phone, email, web conference, and/or in-person direct customer interactions.
Janrain helps organizations succeed on the social web with our user management platform, a solution to improve user acquisition and engagement and deliver enhanced insight into the unique characteristics of each user. With Janrain, clients learn more about their users when they login or register with an existing identity on a social network such as Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter. Our clients are then able to store that social profile data and use the information to launch more targeted campaigns or serve more relevant content. Additional components for sharing and inviting/referring friends improve site engagement and nurture brand advocates.
- Engage with sales prospects, prepare and present demonstrations about Janrain products and capabilities, and address technical questions throughout the sales process.
- Build deep relationships with the customer’s technical team.
- Gather and refine detailed customer requirements.
- Properly set customer expectations of product functionality.
- Work closely with our product, development, professional service, digital strategy, engineering, and sales teams.
- Take responsibility for all pre-sales technical aspects of Janrain’s solutions to include such activities as responding to RFP/RFIs, product and solution briefings, creating standard product Statements of Work, and the coordination of supporting technical resources.
- Demonstrate the value and functionality of Janrain products through presentations and demonstrations to both a technical and nontechnical audience.
- BS Degree in Computer Science, related technical degree or equivalent experience.
- 3 to 5 years in a sales engineering, solutions engineering, or customer facing consulting role.
- Basic understanding of programming principles.
- Familiarity with third-party authentication protocols such as OpendID and OAuth.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience presenting technical topics to varied audiences.
- Legal qualification to work in the United States.
- Ability to travel domestically.
- Portland, OR
- Major East Coast Cities: Philadelphia, Boston, New York, Raleigh, Washington, Atlanta.
Janrain offers a generous benefit package, which includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation, 401k, life insurance and disability plans.
If you meet the qualifications and would like to be considered for the Solutions Engineer position, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.