Janrain, the leader in online User Management solutions, is growing its customer success team and seeking an Account Manager to boost our already accelerated growth in our Portland Office. Fueled by expanding social networks and the desire for websites to tap these vast online communities, the Janrain Customer Support Team has plenty of opportunity and is adding professionals with the track record and desire to contribute to growing a world-class SaaS company.
This Account Manager role requires a tenacious, intelligent and professional sales person who will take a strategic approach to establishing and maximizing our reach and impact for our largest existing customers. The key performance measurements for Account Managers are renewal of customers, referenceable customers, and growth of customers. Account Managers will identify additional customer requirements and realize growth opportunities through outstanding customer management and presentation of new Janrain products and services.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter that is biased to action and has prior experience selling SaaS solutions to enterprise and strategic brand customers. This position is ideal for someone with experience with social media applications or selling web infrastructure solutions. Prior experience in account management and “farming” activities is essential.
This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a dynamic and promising early stage growth company with products and services that enable websites to gain significant benefits by enhancing their user engagement and measurement. The flagship product, Janrain Engage, allows websites to register and log-in their visitors with their ID from Facebook, Google, Yahoo!, Twitter, MySpace, AOL, Hotmail, Windows Live ID or other OpenID accounts. These sites then import rich user profile data and address books, and publish user activity back to multiple social networks, driving additional traffic. Additional Janrain products and services provide customers with a complete user management solution, from registration to publishing, from custom ID solutions to user profile database solutions.
- Accountable for the customer relationship and responsible for aligning and coordinating internal resources to meet and exceed customer goals and objectives
- Secure renewals for all accounts under your management
- Identify and close new business and upgrade opportunities from your accounts to meet and exceed monthly sales goals
- Develop, document, execute and track account strategies with all customers under your management
- Advocate for your customers across all functional groups in alignment with Janrain’s business objectives
- Through research and customer interaction, develop an intimate understanding of your customers’ business objectives and how Janrain products align to them
- Build a deep and always current understanding of Janrain's products and strategies, their place in the market, and their use by customers
- Hold regular calls with customers to discover new requirements and refresh customer knowledge of our products functionality and value to their business
- Leverage existing implementations and relationships to expand Janrain usage within large networked web properties
- Cultivate referenceable accounts and develop case studies with Marketing
- Document all customer interactions and activities in salesforce.com
- Deliver the highest level of customer service, regularly delighting your customers
- Contribute to Janrain’s overall sales strategy, successes and process improvements
- 3+ years online media experience in a sales/commission/quota-based role
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- Proven track record of reaching and exceeding sales revenue goals
- Driven to close more business than needed to beat quota every month
- Confident and strong ability to lead and direct a customer relationship
- Past experience and adherence to use of Salesforce
- Incisive and creative problem solving
- Impeccable attention to detail and proactively thinking ahead for customer and internal teams
- Passionate about delivering value and delighting customers, even in adverse situations
- Flexible, tenacious and able to think on your feet
- Strong grasp of fundamentals of social media, online/mobile advertising and website development, cloud and emerging technology
- Strategic marketing mindset or experience developing marketing strategies
- Exceptional communication skills (both verbal and written) including presentations via phone and in person and professional proposal and statement of work preparation
- Understands how to read audience and tailor communication for different levels and roles inside an organization/customer relationship
- Keen ability to reach and build relationships with decision-makers and to research and uncover potential account opportunities for upsells
- Adept at developing and writing strategic account plan and tracking against it
- Knowledgeable on technology and able to clearly explain complex concepts at the correct level for your audience
- Able to move fast and thrive in a dynamic, quickly-changing environment and to remain calm during escalated situations
Portland, OR, US.
Janrain offers a generous benefit package, which includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation, life insurance and disability plans.
If you meet the qualifications and would like to be considered for the Janrain Account Manager position, send your resume/blog/linkedin/twitter and summary of your immediate qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.